vintage green

Monday, March 7, 2011

Vacation begins....

Day one of our vacation starts the same way a scary movie might begin. Trey wants to take us out on the ocean in his dad's boat. Sounds great, right? Well, first one must know my husband. He follows Murphy's Law. What can go wrong, will go wrong. It is not his fault, really. Ask any Sneed.
Anyway, its a beautiful day. Eighty degrees, low wind, and very sunny! Perfect. Well, 8.5 u-turns later (one half not counting because he made it an actual stop for lunch) we arrive at the boat dock. We made it, we are here in the bay, I feel so special riding in that boat. Never have I been on a boat in the ocean just our family, without a guide anyway. Just as we make it out into the ocean, Trey decides he wants to enjoy the ride a little bit, so instead of going to a fishing location we ride out where no one else is riding.  It is a really smooth ride, then a sound comes from the back of the boat and all of the sudden i feel as though I am being PUNK'D. The boat stops and we are just floating in the water. What?! I just opened my pinot grigio...this is NOT happening, again. No one is riding anywhere near us. No boats. We sit. The water is freezing. Luckily, no one is complaining at all! Small blessings. No one has to use the restroom and we have enough peanut butter and jelly uncrustables and pink lemonade to last two days. A few hours later, we get the attention of a couple close to the coast. they were gracious enough to tow us back to the dock. They were great and soooo nice. I would have had a hard time giving up my day on the ocean to tow in some crazy family from Nashville. Whatever, it turned out to be a great trip and story. I actually had a big time. The girls took a nap and I got to spend some quality time with my husband, Trey and friend, Jimmy. I have to admit I was looking forward to shooting that flare gun. They promised to let me shoot the first one.

We made it back to the house a few hours later...Bebe had the pool all heated and ready to go. She thought we might need it. And we did. She made an awesome dinner--beef tenderloin and salad! What a great meal with chocolate cake to boot! Just lovely. I love spring break!

No comments:

Post a Comment