vintage green

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy Life

I can't sleep tonight...just lying here thinking of all the things that truly make me happy. There are some things that I just cannot explain, things so simple that give me pure joy.
I love being outside. I love the smell of the earth when I go on a hike. I love riding in the car with my windows down. I love when a great song comes on the radio and I can stop whatever I am doing and dance. I love the high I get in spin class when I almost think my lungs will explode, knowing that I can go so much longer. It feels great to move. I love Sunday dinners with my family. I love the smell of my mom and dad's house when we walk in and she is making fried chicken. I love chocolate and peanut butter. I love listening to live music, it does not matter what type. I love when I get to spend time with my sister. I love knowing that she truly gets me and still loves me. I love hearing my girls laugh. Really laugh. So hard they can't catch their breath, knowing I said or did something to contribute to that. I love when my husband looks at me and I know he loves no one else in this world as much as me.
I don't know why, maybe I do, but I needed so badly to have these words written where I could read them. Life goes so fast and I feel myself constantly thinking when will it be Friday. My girls are growing at an uspeakable rate. I hope they know how much they mean to me. I hope my family knows how much they make me simply happy.

1 comment: